Thursday, August 09, 2007

Some notes on using CVSNT

1. Make sure that in Users Management, the option "User must change password at next logon" must be left unchecked. Or else you might have troubles with the users' CVS access. (It happened to me. I swear that I didn't check it. Never did. And so it was troubling me all morning.)
2. CVSNT has certain files you could edit to make your life easier. They are: writers (for write access), admin (for admin access), passwd (for the users login).
3. Check where your repo is. Duh.
4

Things I have yet to understand as to how CVSNT works:
1. Why it seems to be quite dependent on Windows users management
2. The difference between pserver and sspi and in which cases they should be used.

CVS NT makes my blood boil every once in a while because some of the guides are downright confusing and/or there's not enough info or even links so I could understand why I ought to do particular things to make it work.  All I know is that it works now, which is a good thing.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive

Connect