Sunday, April 15, 2007

ISAC training is over -- and there are so many things I want to write about it

ISAC training is over.  I must thank everyone from CPI because the experience was memorable (in so many ways!).  I thank Ma'am Ito and Ma'am Aimee most especially because they were able to clear up some things that I was thinking of.  It was six sessions worth of group work and lessons and quizzes.  Some of the group work has been quite tough.  Especially the one with the ERD. Waaaaaah!  I still get confused with ERDs every so often but I think that maybe a bit more of practice and I'd eventually get the hang of it.

Anyhow, here are just several of the basic lessons I learned aside from the technical stuff on systems analysis.

  1. Synergy is an essential ingredient in team efforts. - And if you don't know your groupmates much, sometimes it takes a while before something 'sparks' and you 'click' but if you could find it or make a way to find what will make you 'click' together as a group, it could help all of you be more creative together.
  2. Don't overanalyze. - I am guilty of thinking too much.  Really. Absolutely. You could even ask my boyfriend about it.  There are times that I just have to stick with something.
  3. Decide. Act. Just do it. - Yeah. I sound like a Nike ad rip-off.  But it's true.  Things won't get done if you don't decide.  I ought to know.  It takes me a while to decide on things, thinking that with more details, I could make better decisions.  It's not really about the _amount_ of detail one has; it's the kind of detail, the particular details that one has.  That's why it's important to ask the right questions.
I'd have to right my other thoughts about ISAC later.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive

Connect